- This event has passed.
KCT at Evan’s Creek – Invasive Plant Removal
July 19 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
Join Kids Coming Together at Evan’s Creek Preserve!
Explore this fascinating preserve, learn about the native species of plants and what the City is doing to combat the invasive species that love our fertile climate. Help our High School leaders to remove some of the invasive species that are threatening the re-introduction of our native plants and trees. We can’t wait to see you! Make sure to dress accordingly with the weather, however, long pants are recommended as we will be working in the brush amongst thorny plants. NO SANDALS please! Make sure you bring a water bottle with you as the temperatures are getting HOT!
We will be working in the lower meadow of Evans Creek Preserve after meeting next to the parking lot OFF Hwy 202.
NOTE: This is the lower parking lot NOT the Parking lot off Sahalee Way.
RSVP below as a Child in Grades 3-8 OR as a High School Volunteer.
KCT’s social distance policy must be followed at all times.
- Masks will be worn at all times by High School Leaders, covering nose and mouth.
- Masks must be worn at all times by all children attending events, covering nose and mouth.
- In-person events will be held outside and/or in structures open to the outside until further notice.
- At every in-person event:
- Children will be assigned to pods at each event.
- Pods will each have 6 or less children & 1-2 High School leader(s).
- Pods will work in separate areas, at least 6 feet apart.
- Social distancing will be maintained between children whenever not in their assigned pods.